Sign in to follow this  
MFoland

Problems with WSV3... What are you facing?

I was in talks with a friend, and having tried WSV3 myself, there's been nothing but issues -- including satellite issues. What issues have you faced with WSV3?

WSV3 isn't a bad program actually at all. Despite yes, there is the Satellite issue, but that is due to switching to GOES 16, the transition to pull that data into WSV3 hasn't been made yet. I have been using the program for going on a month now and considering it's only $25 a month, you get more bang for your buck in my honest opinion than what you would with GREarth. At the end of the day, it comes down to the individual and what you are looking for. 

It is an amazing system! Far superior graphics.

I use both of them, and have had very few issues with either of them, in fact im using WSV3 right now. While WSV3 does not appear to be as optimized as GREarth, I do like some of the added "eye candy" as well as being able to change the views from top down to more of a horizontal look. What were some of the issues you encountered? 

27 minutes ago, srichardson said:

I use both of them, and have had very few issues with either of them, in fact im using WSV3 right now. While WSV3 does not appear to be as optimized as GREarth, I do like some of the added "eye candy" as well as being able to change the views from top down to more of a horizontal look. What were some of the issues you encountered? 

Right now it's majority satellite. I liked the Eye Candy with different map styles and things! I made it look like a news station when I had it!

Just now, MFoland said:

Right now it's majority satellite. I liked the Eye Candy with different map styles and things! I made it look like a news station when I had it!

Ahh okay. Yeah I dont really use satellite on a day-to-day basis. Using for pure radar its great.

1 minute ago, srichardson said:

Ahh okay. Yeah I dont really use satellite on a day-to-day basis. Using for pure radar its great.

Loved the models too! The model output was AMAZING! I also loved the live sweep beam for the radar!